Join in building the Future
TransNamib is the national railway service operator in Namibia, specializing in the transportation of bulk and containerized freight. The company has embarked upon a programme to recreate the catalytically role of railway services to the Namibian transport and logistics system through the development of reliable and cost-effective movement of cargo in Namibia.
Paterson Grading Level: E4
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Strategically plan, organize, control and lead the TransNamib Operations Department to achieve optimal service and efficiency standards for service packages and optimized capacity to meet current and future operational goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Operations/ Logistics Management
- Post graduate qualification in Operations Management or Logistics would be a distinct advantage
- NQF Level 7/8
- Freight operations or logistics experience: 8 years
- Senior managerial level experience: 3 years
- Experience in a sophisticated transport or logistics environment an advantage: 3 years
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Operational Policies and Procedures
- Operations Service Delivery
- Cargo & Freight Handling Services
- Container Terminal, Warehousing & Station Operations
- Passenger Transport Services
- Road Transport Operations
- Bulk Rail Operations
- Strategic Business Support & Innovation
- Safety & Environmental Compliance
- Records, Reports, Budgets & Administrative Integrity
- External Stakeholder Engagement
- Departmental Resourcing
- Human Capital Performance Management
- Professional Development and Growth
Applications should be forwarded to the email:
Recruitment.Management@transnamib.com.na, with a clear indication of the position applied for in the subject line.
Technical Enquiries: Mr. E. Mukaya – Tel: 0819582028
CLOSING DATE: 01 December 2023
Applicants in “Designated Groups” especially women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.